IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS: Please check back for important announcements including - early closures, late openings, school cancellations, and more!
All Day Kindergarten
We specialize in all your Kindergarten Care needs
- Are you looking for a wholesome, fun, and stimulating kindergarten in Long Island where your child will thrive?
- Have you wished that your kids had a better kindergarten option than to go to public school?
- Does your work schedule require you to coordinate before- and after-school care?
Enroll your child in the all-day kindergarten program at Rainbow Chimes for great education, excellent socialization, and a safe, fun environment for your child.
What Sets Our Kindergarten Apart
Our parents and kids rave about our private Kindergarten program in Huntington, and for great reasons:
- Private, full-day program (9:00 am – 3:00 pm)
- Half & Three-Quarter day “wrap-around” enrichment session available for children enrolled in part-day public Kindergarten (6am-9am & 3pm-6pm)
- Small class size with a certified teacher and an assistant teacher/paraprofessional
- Longer School Year — only closed 9 days between September & June
- High Scope Kindergarten Curriculum & Individual Portfolio creation
- Nutritious, tasty meals included, prepared by our 5-Star Executive Chef
- Field Trips in our Dept. of Transportation-inspected mini-bus
- Big AdventureScapes Playground
- Extensive parent-teacher communication, including activity photos uploaded to parent account
- NYS program compliance oversight by Elwood School District
- Limited transportation available
Kindergarten Teachers Your Children Will Love
Our professional, credentialed, and NYS-approved teaching team provides children with a delightful learning experience every day. Here’s what you can expect from our kindergarten teachers:
- Teaching Team to Kindergartener ratios between 1:7 and 1:9
- Intercoms and closed-circuit camera monitors that record all classroom activity and easily allow teachers to access support staff if needed
Reporting on Your Child’s Day
Daily documentation of your child’s development
As part of our regular procedures, we’ll create daily documentation of development for each child. We’ll share this information with you through observational notes, day-to-day conversations, and in-depth, formal parent-staff conferences. We’ll also make information available informally through messages and pictures shared with you via internet uploads to a password-protected account. You can expect to keep track of the following information:
- Anecdotes from the day
- Your child’s activities and progress
Unrivaled Kindergarten Curriculum
The High Scope Plan-Do-Review “Learning by Doing” cycle
Every day at Rainbow Chimes Kindergarten, your child’s daily routine will include an emphasis on developing a plan and then carrying out that plan, in response to offered choices in subject areas. This progressive work encourages your child to think logically and make rational choices at every step, in a classroom environment that encourages kindness, cooperation, and friendship. Teacher-directed, small-group activities build on 58 key development indicators that stimulate the cognitive, physical, and emotional skills necessary for life-long success. Your child will also complete a daily writing journal and create portfolios that document representative work and projects mastered throughout the year.
Positive Kindergarten Classroom Environment
Our classroom is arranged by study area to facilitate cheerful, inquisitive hands-on learning
Your child will move through the following different study areas during their day:
- Social Studies
- Nature & Math
- Music & Movement
The kindergarten classroom is filled with various exhibits to stimulate your child’s inquiry, discovery, and creative expression. Your child will also have access to a myriad of learning materials, including art materials, books & book-making supplies, puzzles, blocks, trucks, dolls, table-toys, games, musical instruments, tools, prop boxes, and real materials from home and nature.
Kindergarten classrooms and adjacent bathrooms are cleaned every day.
Don’t Forget Recess!
Going outside is one of the most important developmental activities in your child’s day.
Our AdventureScapes Playground contains a big, wonderful playscape, specially-designed to encourage interaction, socialization, and large-motor development. The AdventureScape boasts a fort, ship, and castle with climbing wall, slides, and bridges. Other playground amenities:
- A patio and easels for outdoor art
- A music station
- A sandbox
- A cycle-track.
- In summer, the running and ball field also allows for water-play.
So that children never have to wait to “go,” we also feature two outdoor lavatories, which allow teachers to stay in immediate proximity to the children at all times. Children go outside to play every day unless the weather is inclement.
Parents can be absolutely sure that children who attend the Rainbow Chimes Kindergarten program are especially well-equipped to enter first grade and beyond.
Enrollment is limited to just one small class group per year, so call today to arrange for a tour: 631-296-1986.
“I have seen a big change in my daughter. She’s always been social and outgoing, they’ve been focusing that in a more positive way. She’s learning how to be with other kids and take responsibility for things as much as a three-year-old can.” – Pooja Tandon