Toddler Day Care
We specialize in all your Toddler Care needs
Toddler nurseries are designed to stimulate and satiate the curiosity of children ages 18 to 36 months old. A hand-selected team of professionally-trained and degreed staff, age-appropriate environment, and High Scope curriculum all contribute to making every day at day care enjoyable and exciting for your developing toddler:
- The teaching team is formed from experienced and energetic early childhood development professionals, who develop and carry out daily routines intended to promote physical and cognitive abilities through a safe, sensorimotor filled environment that also encourages positive social interaction with others. Teaching team to toddler ratios are maintained at 2:10 or 3:12 at all times. Additionally, nurseries are monitored during the day via closed-circuit cameras and intercoms in case additional assistance is needed.
- Nurturing guidance and care are documented for every child, through day-to-day conversations, in-depth formal parent-staff conferences, and informally via messages and pictures shared with parents via internet uploads to a password-protected account.
- The High Scope Curriculum for toddlers relates specific key experience indicators to curriculum planning and child-development assessment. Through active (non-rote) learning experiences, your child will explore the world around them, develop friendships with their classmates, and begin to apply cause-and-effect relationships to their actions. Language and early literacy skills are important components woven into hands-on art, music, movement and dramatic/pretend play, while insights into comparisons, measurement, time, distance, direction, initiation and results are demonstrated through developmentally-appropriate number and science activities.
- The spacious toddler nursery environment is comprised of several roomy areas, toys, and real materials where children are encouraged to visualize and make plans to actively play and socialize in spontaneous and guided activities. Small tables, chairs, rugs, and open areas invite children to comfortably intensify their attention on blocks, manipulative sorting and building toys, puzzles, dramatic play props, play-dough and a myriad of other materials designed for fun and progressive learning. Toddler nurseries all have changing tables sanitized after every use and easily accessible, child-sized toilets and sinks within the classroom to facilitate potty-training. Children nap on special, low-to-the-ground cots. Floors and rugs are cleaned every day, and toys and furnishings are washed and inspected on a strict schedule to ensure both cleanliness and continued suitability for use.
- Our Toddlers Trove is an enclosed outdoor play area designed for and used by toddlers only. Perfectly scaled play equipment encourages safe large-motor development and enhances social interaction. The entire area has protective ground surfacing and clear lines-of-sight. Children go outside to play every day unless the weather is inclement.
We are sure you will agree that your toddler will have a joyful, creative, and fun experience at Rainbow Chimes. Call 631-427-6300 today to arrange a tour, as openings are extremely limited.
“The staff is really great with the kids and they’re all about teaching them. She really has developed into this really responsible little person” – Elena Fusaro