Day Care For Preschoolers
We specialize in all your Preschooler Care needs
Our busy, interactive preschool classrooms provide a fun and awesome hands-on environment for three and four-year-olds. Classrooms include several areas for children’s individual and small-group learning and play – Art, Block, House, Music, Manipulatives, Math & Science, and Literacy — to stimulate curiosity and foster discovery of the world around them. Extensive use of descriptive language builds English vocabulary and creative writing; however, numerous words, phrases, songs and stories in foreign language (typically Spanish or French) is generally, informally taught by attending staff as well.
- The High Scope Curricular Approach is supported by a distinctive classroom environment, flowing daily routine, and degreed/credentialed teaching team. This progressive, cognitively-oriented (non-rote) preschool curriculum provides an active learning experience around 58 key development indicators that link child inquiry, planning, work time, and recall. The daily routine includes intervals of quiet and active play along with large and fine-motor development, story-telling, meals, and outdoor play. Socialization and displays of kindness are encouraged throughout the day. Children create and assemble written and pictorial portfolios of their work and are able to see their own progress and growth over time.
- Classroom areas contain appropriate furnishings with shelves and labeled baskets containing art materials, books, puzzles, blocks, trucks, dolls, table-toys, games, musical instruments, tools, prop boxes, and real materials from home and nature. Each classroom has an attached bathroom with child-sized toilets and hand-washing sinks that is easily monitored by attending staff. Floors and rugs are cleaned every day, and toys and furnishings are washed and inspected on a strict schedule to ensure both cleanliness and continued suitability for use.
- The Early Childhood Teaching Team Specialists are specially trained for their role and are chosen for their abilities to engage children directly in a gentle, friendly manner. We seek a diverse staff with energetic ideas and a cooperative nature, as these are the attributes we want to foster in our young students. Teaching team to preschooler ratios are maintained at 1:6 or 1:7 depending on the ages and numbers of the children in the classroom. Teachers and teacher assistants write child anecdotes daily as part of a formal child observation assessment we share with parents twice each year, which also addresses the child’s language and literacy advancement.
- Activities and progress are documented for every child, through anecdotal notes, day-to-day conversations, in-depth formal parent-staff conferences, and informally via messages and pictures shared with parents via internet uploads to a password-protected account. Classrooms are also monitored during the day via closed-circuit cameras and intercoms to provide extra staff support as needed.
- Our AdventureScapes Playground contains a big, wonderful playscape, specially-designed to encourage interaction and socialization, as well as large-motor skill development. The AdventureScape boasts a fort, ship, and castle with climbing wall, slides, and bridges. Other playground amenities include a patio and easels for outdoor art, music station, swings, playhouses, sandbox, and cycle-track. In summer, the running and ball field also allows for water-play. Children go outside to play every day unless the weather is inclement.
Preschoolers enrolled at Rainbow Chimes have busy productive days filled with positive activities, friends and fun! Call today to arrange a tour: 631-427-6300.
“They are very flexible with their hours. They have always been able to accommodate pretty much any requests that we’ve had in terms of just normal business hours or even going hour over here or there if we needed that.” – Reyna Booth