Infant Day Care Program
We specialize in all your Infant Care needs
The nurturing philosophy in our infant nurseries is driven by our Executive Director and Registered Nurse Katie Roche, who started this program in 1980 when she could not find quality infant day care for her own baby. Your infant’s day will be filled with many happy experiences and enjoyable encounters in one of our specialized nurseries. These are warm and welcoming places where babies are encouraged to explore their environment in a gently structured way.
- Our staff is comprised of nurturing early childhood development professionals, who create an atmosphere of safety and trust so that children can satisfy their curiosity about the world around them in ways that stimulate their senses and promote their physical and cognitive development. We maintain a 2:8 ratio of credentialed teachers and assistant teachers to babies, and often this ratio is an even better 3:8 due to our use of dedicated float staff instead of outside substitutes.
- Attentive care is personalized and documented for each baby, taking into account unique schedules and nutritional needs, which are tracked and uploaded to parents desktops or mobile devices in real-time throughout the day. We also capture various happy experiences of the babies’ day, via photographs and messages, to simultaneously share with parents. Additionally, support staff monitor nurseries during the day via closed-circuit cameras and intercoms so that additional assistance can be provided if several babies need extra attention, feeding or diaper changing all at once.
- Our adaptation of the High Scope Curriculum ensures that key experience indicators are used as a basis for planning and developing activities that are appropriate to the growing child. These activities provide experiences that allow your baby to explore, in an active learning environment, how they begin to relate to others and what they find out about themselves, their relationship with others, how they communicate and their own physical development. Other key experiences deal with the ways in which infants and toddlers begin to understand their world through exploration of their environment— how things are related to each other; how some things share characteristics; how to begin to make some order and sense of their surroundings, spatially and temporally.
- The nursery environment provides areas where babies can freely crawl, socialize, and play with age-appropriate toys. Young babies are held when being bottle-fed, and older babies are seated in special supportive chairs for meals and table-play. Napping alcoves are protectively watched over by a caregiver at all times. Floors and rugs are cleaned every day, and used toys are washed twice a day. Diapering areas are sanitized using an approved viricidal cleaner, and each nursery is aired out every day.
- Our BabyScapes Playroom has ultra-cushioned floors and a variety of equipment to foster large motor development. An enclosed grassy courtyard adjacent to the nurseries provides an outdoor play area dedicated to infants only, with specialized equipment geared to their tender age. Infants also go outside in special buggies when weather permits.
We are sure you will agree that your baby will have a joyful, creative, and fun experience at Rainbow Chimes.
“The learning environment was important, but it was really more the overall environment of the cleanliness, the people there, how they’re all very friendly and approachable, and that the kids were really having a good time.” – Grace Ingram