All Day Kindergarten
We specialize in all your Kindergarten Care needs
Parents and kids rave about our Kindergarten program, and for great reasons:
- Private, full-day program 9 am – 3 pm
- Small class size with certified teacher and assistant teacher/paraprofessional
- Longer School Year – only closed 9 days between September & June
- High Scope Kindergarten Curriculum & Individual Portfolio creation
- Nutritious, tasty meals included, prepared by our 5-Star Executive Chef
- Field Trips in our Dept. of Transportation inspected mini-bus
- Big AdventureScapes Playground
- Before & after Kindergarten (6am-9am & 3pm-6pm) wraparound care may be available at no additional cost
- Half & Three-Quarter day enrichment session available for children enrolled in part-day public Kindergarten
- Extensive parent-teacher communication, including activity photos uploaded to parent account
- NYS program compliance oversight by Elwood School District
- Limited transportation available
A professional, credentialed, and NYS-approved teaching team provide children with a delightful learning experience every day while collecting anecdotes for each child daily to add to their documentation of development. Teaching team to Kindergartener ratios are maintained between 1:7 and 1:9. Support staff is easily accessed as needed via intercoms and closed-circuit monitors. Activities and progress are documented for every child, through observational notes, day-to-day conversations, in-depth formal parent-staff conferences, and informally via messages and pictures shared with parents via internet uploads to a password-protected account.
The High Scope Plan-Do-Review “Learning by Doing” cycle is included in each day’s daily routine with an emphasis on planning and carrying out plans developed by the children themselves in response to offered choices in subject areas. This progressive work encourages logical thinking and rational choices at every step, in a classroom milieu that encourages kindness, cooperation, and friendship. Teacher-directed small-group activities build on 58 key development indicators that stimulate the cognitive, physical, and emotional skills necessary for life-long success. Daily writing journals and portfolios document representative work and projects mastered throughout the year.
The Kindergarten classroom is arranged by study area to facilitate cheerful, inquisitive hands-on learning: Literacy, Social Studies, Science, Nature & Math, Art, Building, Music & Movement – with various exhibits to stimulate the inquiry, discovery, and creative expression. A myriad of learning materials are available, including art materials, books & book-making supplies, puzzles, blocks, trucks, dolls, table-toys, games, musical instruments, tools, prop boxes, and real materials from home and nature. Classroom and adjacent bathrooms are cleaned every day.
Our AdventureScapes Playground contains a big, wonderful playscape, specially-designed to encourage interaction and socialization, as well as large-motor development. The AdventureScape boasts a fort, ship, and castle with climbing wall, slides, and bridges. Other playground amenities include a patio and easels for outdoor art, music station, swings, playhouses, sandbox, and cycle-track. In summer, the running and ball field also allows for water-play. So that children never have to wait to “go”, we also feature two outdoor lavatories, which allow teachers to stay in immediate proximity to the children at all times. Children go outside to play every day unless the weather is inclement.
Parents can be absolutely sure that children who attend the Rainbow Chimes Kindergarten program are especially well-equipped to enter first grade and beyond. Enrollment is limited to just one small class group per year, so call today to arrange for a tour: 631-427-6300.
“I have seen a big change in my daughter. She’s always been social and outgoing, they’ve been focusing that in a more positive way. She’s learning how to be with other kids and take responsibility for things as much as a three-year-old can.” – Pooja Tandon