Here at your trusted Huntington NY day care, Rainbow Chimes Day Care is all about encouraging children to use creative representation, language and logic to achieve decision-making, negotiation, and problem-solving skills. We hear a lot of myths and misconceptions come through our doors and today we’re here to dispel them once and for all.
- Children are left to cry by themselves. This simply isn’t true. While some bad day care centers can cause the rest of us to look bad, most centers won’t allow children to cry in their cribs longer than 7 minutes.
- Children need their mothers, not strangers! Firstly, this misconception is a slight to all single fathers, stay at home dads, and those fathers in same sex marriages. We help your child become comfortable around strangers so that they can develop their own sense of security.
- There’s no structure in daycare. This isn’t true at all, either. We have several different programs and curricula, as well as planned meals, that includes education and fun for all ages.
- Here’s a weird one that we hear: A child will become overweight if they go to day care. The truth is, our child care facility puts a strong focus on healthy eating and physical activity. We invite you to come check out our weekly meal menus and see our children being active throughout the day!
- Day care gives children behavioral problems. The largest and most thorough childcare research, which was conducted in Norway, found that there was very little evidence that the amount of time children spent in childcare caused behavioral problems.